This is a great snack to take with you on a long hike OR long day at work. You can also add this to your child’s lunchbox for a sweet nutritious treat.
Makes about one dozen balls
- 1 cup raw almonds or walnuts
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ cup raw almond butter
- Shredded organic coconut
- In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade grind the almonds until finely ground. Add dates, raisins and spices. Grind to a fine meal.
- Add the almond butter, process again until thoroughly mixed.
- Form into balls and roll in shredded coconut.
- Store in a sealed container on the counter for up to 3 days, or refrigerate for up to a week.